Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Sustainer

Psalm 3:5 --
"I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the Lord sustains me."

Today I studied Daoism and their fundamental conviction that the Dao that can be defined is not the true Dao. I wish the Christian God were that big.

"Scientists say that the carbon that makes life on earth possible -- part of the dust out of which we are formed -- was ejected from the cores of dying stars billions of years before we ever came on the scene... God is never in a hurry." - Stan Guthrie, "Living with the Darwin Fish"

Sit and contemplate the eternal nature of the Transcendent and Nameless One who is beyond our definitions. Contemplate how small we are and how big She is. She does not need me for she is not a contingent being. I am contingent upon Her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and all perspectives are welcome provided they are given with gentleness, consideration, and respect.